The Andrews Research & Education Foundation emphasizes exploration, advancement and knowledge sharing
March 28, 2012
Topic: Orthopaedics sports medicine
Sports and other physical activities help keep individuals physically fit and mentally sharp, as studies have suggested. To that end, the Andrews Research & Education Foundation (AREF) conducts studies and implements educational initiatives to support athletes everywhere through innovative orthopaedic sports medicine.
AREF's mission is to raise funding to prevent injuries in youth, collegiate, professional, military and everyday athletes, while continuing to advance the science of orthopaedics and sports medicine.
On the research front, AREF hosts a state-of-the-art biomechanics lab as well as a surgical skills lab. These facilities promote the development of injury prevention techniques and medical devices and procedures, respectively.
As a service to the community, AREF disseminates all relevant injury prevention information through training courses, seminars and videos for coaches, athletes and parents. Furthermore, AREF supports the enrichment of medical professionals with continuing education courses. Additionally, a world-class ACGME-accredited fellowship program is offered to top orthopaedic and sports medicine physicians across the globe.
None of these endeavors would be possible without the support of generous donors.
Andrews Institute Foundation news & articles
- NFL's Adrian Peterson makes speedy recovery into most productive year yet ~ 1/23/2013
- New physician joins staff at the Andrews Institute ~ 11/26/2012
- Browns' rookie gets back in the game after knee surgery ~ 9/11/2012
- Free assessments benefit student athletes ~ 9/5/2012
- The Eagle Fund of the Andrews Institute Foundation supports America's wounded soldiers ~ 3/29/2012