Brett R. Smith, M.D., M.S.
- Hip & Knee Replacement Specialist
- Total Joint Preservation; Total Joint Reconstruction; Total Joint Replacement; Arthritis
- Medical School: Medical College of Pennsylvania: Hahnemann School of Medicine
- Internship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Arizona Institute for Bone and Joint Disorders - Total Joint/Adult Reconstruction
- The American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Using intraoperative pelvic landmarks for acetabular component placement in total hip arthoroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty, 2006 Sept.; 21(6):832-40. Epub 2006 Jul17.
- Risk of neurovascular injury with limited-open carpal tunnel release: Defining the "safe zone." Journal of Hand Surgery [Br]. 2001 Oct.; 26(5):484-7.
- Errant Placement of the "Safeguard" System for Carpal Tunnel Release and the Risk of Neurovascular Injury; presentation at the American Association for Hand Surgery, January 2000.
Scholarly Service and Honors
- Physician of Excellence Award from Paradise Valley Hospital (2005); Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society; Golden Key National Honor Society
Current Society Memberships
- Diplomat, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Escambia County Medical Society
MEET YOUR DOCTOR
Dr. Brett Smith is a highly skilled orthopaedic surgeon specializing in total joint surgery with the Andrews Institute, an affiliate of Baptist Health Care. Because he's an employed physician, Dr. Smith is also a proud part of the Baptist Medical Group network of quality, caring physicians serving the greater Pensacola area.