Michael Milligan, M.D.
Non-Surgical Sports Medicine
- Sports medicine, orthopaedic medicine, fractures, endurance athletes, athletic injuries, concussions.
- Medical School: East Carolina University, Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, NC
- Residency: Family Medicine, University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina Pitt County Memorial Hospital Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, NC
- University of Nevada School of Medicine
• Faculty Development, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Family Medicine
- Efficacy of Concussion Education Program for University Club Sports Athletes
- Impact of Implementing Primary Care Sports Medicine Clinic in a University Student Health Center
- Pre- and Post- Operative Assessment of Kinematics and Strength in the ACL Deficient Kicking Leg of a Division I Collegiate Place Kicker
- AMSSM Sports Medicine CAQ Study Guide, Contributor, Healthy Learning, 2012
- The Effects of Adipose Thickness on Temperature Change in Human Muscle,” Journal of Athletic Training, Supplemental, 2010
- “Fatigue in the Endurance Athlete,” Beginner Triathlete, BeginnerTriathlete.com, June 2009
- “Pre-Injury, Post-Injury, and Post-Surgery Hip and Knee Kinematics of a Place Kicker Suffering ACL Tear,” Journal of Athletic Training Supplement, May 2009
Scholarly Service and Honors
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine. Efficacy of a Novel Concussion Education Program for University Club Sports Athletes
•Athletic Equipment Managers Association. Concussion Management and Equipment Considerations.
•North Shore Hospital Emergency Medicine Lecture. Management of the Helmeted Athlete
•Northwestern University Sports Medicine Symposium. Fatigue in the Athlete
Current Society Memberships
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Current Team Affiliations
- Tate High School: Team Physician
- Michael Milligan, M.D. is an experienced physician providing care of sports related injuries and orthopaedic conditions. He is also an expert in concussions and other medically related sports conditions. Dr. Milligan is fellowship trained in primary care sports medicine. Dr. Milligan treats patients by appointment at Baptist Medical Park Nine Mile and The Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze.