Importance of living active lifestyle
- Q: Talk a little bit about why being physically active is important to you?
- Michael Milligan, M.D., CAQSM: Physical activity has been a part of my life ever since I was a kid. I played high school and college football, ran ultra marathons; I've bicycled across the country. I'm a very active cyclist in our local community. Activity is a huge part of my life. It’s just a part of my lifestyle and I enjoy seeing that in my patients as well. It just brings such health and wellness in all manners to those around me.
- Q: How does being active yourself help you connect with patients that live active lifestyles?
- Michael Milligan, M.D., CAQSM: I think I have a better understanding of where my patients are coming from and what their goals because of my background as an athlete. I understand that they have a big race coming up; they have a deadline. They have a start date for that event; and so we have to manage our plan of care around their goals and we have to try to help them achieve what they want to.
- Q: What can you offer patients that live active lifestyles based on your experiences?
- Michael Milligan, M.D., CAQSM: I think leaning on my experiences as an athlete, leaning on my experience as being the head team physician at Division I universities for 10 years; that experience helps when working with patients who have active lifestyles. I understand what it's like to be the athlete. I understand what it's like to sit on the other side and be the physician trying to get that athlete back out there. I understand what it's like to work with elite athletes. And so that translates to everyone that comes in the door. Every patient who's coming in and seeking our care is receiving that level of attention and that level of input and desire to get them back where they want to be.
all press releases